Thursday, 2 August 2012

Day 2...

After a little help from the stock pile of gravol I brought with me, I was able to get a full nights sleep in last night, and that was probably the longest I have slept in the past week and a half! Which was good because today I finally got to do a bit of exploring. My new (amazing) roommate arrived bright and early and after she got unpacked the two of us decided to venture out to the grocery store. There is a store called Carrefour very close to our house (about a 10 minute walk) which is much like the Superstore or Walmart in Brockville, but with even more selection. We were totally overwhelmed by how huge it was inside, and took our time going up and down the aisles. The biggest difference I noticed was in the produce section. There are little stations set up where you weigh your own produce and it prints a little sticker so that when you get to the check out it can easily be scanned. I was pleasantly surprised at all of the vegetarian options that were available as well!

I will have my phone up and running tomorrow so that I can take more pictures to share on here.

From Brussels with love ♥

4 comments:

  1. You can't still be a vegetarian are you? It's ok, it doesn't count if you're in a different country. Mmmmmm.... Brussles Mussels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha still vegetarian! Tried to ask for no cheese on my pizza last night and they thought I was crazyyyy haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not crazy - you are vegan.. :) can't wait to see the pictures... so how does that work.. what if you weighed your produce and then added to it after??

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your updates... they pee in the streets???? and no shorts?? cultural differences are so amazing... love you Ali...

    ReplyDelete