So keeping in line with all of my amazing friends teaching overseas, I
decided to start up a little blog to keep everyone up to date on my
adventures in Brussels!
Just a quick background for anyone who doesn't know what I'm doing here, I was hired to be an intern in the Early Education Center of an International school in Brussels for a year. There are 5 other interns and we are distributed throughout the Nursery, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten divisions. I am not sure where I will be yet, but I will be happy with any age group!
I have to say - the anticipation of the actual moving day was much more manageable than I had imagined it would be. I had envisioned leaving my parents at the airport and crying like a baby, but not a tear was shed (until I got on the plane and read my Mom's plane letter of course haha). I had a 3 hour delay, but even that couldn't kill my excitement to get on the plane and get to Belgium. I was lucky to make my connecting flight in Montreal and even luckier that none of my baggage was lost in the quick layover between planes. I was able to sleep (without putting myself into a gravol induced coma!!) for over half of the flight, and spent the last few hours watching episodes of Modern Family and Angry Boys. When I finally landed in Brussels, getting my baggage and finding the car that my school had sent to pick me up went incredibly smoothly. I came straight to my apartment and began unpacking. I was able to get out for a little walk down to a corner store that sold wine, and picked some up for tonight (typical haha!). I am looking forward to meeting the rest of the interns tomorrow and exploring Brussels with them. I'll leave you with a few pictures of my apartment (and my wine of course).
Just a quick background for anyone who doesn't know what I'm doing here, I was hired to be an intern in the Early Education Center of an International school in Brussels for a year. There are 5 other interns and we are distributed throughout the Nursery, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten divisions. I am not sure where I will be yet, but I will be happy with any age group!
I have to say - the anticipation of the actual moving day was much more manageable than I had imagined it would be. I had envisioned leaving my parents at the airport and crying like a baby, but not a tear was shed (until I got on the plane and read my Mom's plane letter of course haha). I had a 3 hour delay, but even that couldn't kill my excitement to get on the plane and get to Belgium. I was lucky to make my connecting flight in Montreal and even luckier that none of my baggage was lost in the quick layover between planes. I was able to sleep (without putting myself into a gravol induced coma!!) for over half of the flight, and spent the last few hours watching episodes of Modern Family and Angry Boys. When I finally landed in Brussels, getting my baggage and finding the car that my school had sent to pick me up went incredibly smoothly. I came straight to my apartment and began unpacking. I was able to get out for a little walk down to a corner store that sold wine, and picked some up for tonight (typical haha!). I am looking forward to meeting the rest of the interns tomorrow and exploring Brussels with them. I'll leave you with a few pictures of my apartment (and my wine of course).
From Brussels with love ♥
Cool digs!!! Keep the pics coming. Make sure to get ones of cute Belgian girls!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to Blog Ali.. can't wait to read all about your adventure.. love mama
ReplyDeletehey ali...I am your moms friend Louise and she has spoken of you with great love and is so proud of your adventure and your teaching in brussels.....my daughter angela taught in South Korea about 9 years ago and loved the adventure and experience....All the best to you and the wine looks yummy
ReplyDeleteO.K. I'm waiting for today's blog ;)
ReplyDeletewishing you the best in my home town Ali! don't forget my sister is there for you any time... enjoy the waffles, fries and chocolates (not at the same time though :-))...much love! Anne Cox
ReplyDeleteAnne!!! I absolutely love it here!! <3
ReplyDeleteYour Mom gave me the address to your blog so I could follow your adventures.I am so excited for you. What an
ReplyDeleteexperience! I will make sure to check back often and see
what you are up to. Enjoy!
Your Mom gave me the address to your blog so I could follow your adventures.I am so excited for you. What an
ReplyDeleteexperience! I will make sure to check back often and see
what you are up to. Enjoy!