Monday, 6 August 2012

First Day of Work!

After a long (but incredibly fun) month of being unemployed, I started back to work today at my first "real person job" as we keep calling it. Although it was just orientation, it felt so nice to be working again. I'm sure my liver appreciates it too :)

I am more and more thankful every day for this amazing opportunity I have been given. Not only am I working with my favourite grade (kindergarten) but I am doing so in one of the most highly reputed international schools in the world, in one of the most beautiful countries I have ever seen. Getting to see the school and meet the staff today reassured me that this was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. Everyone is so helpful, they have made us feel so welcomed and comfortable that I have to keep reminding myself that I am not in Canada anymore.

Today we had a tour of the school, met the staff and other new hires, and were given brand new "tablet pc's" to use for the year. For anyone that doesn't know, that just means that the screen can swivel around and fold over so that it can also be used as a tablet.





After school I walked to the Carrefour for some groceries where I found these amazing organic spelt and quinoa pretzels. Sooo yummy!



And since it doesn't get dark until around 930 I was able to squeeze in a run as well. I have decided to start training for my second half-marathon...scenery like this is all the motivation I need!






My sleeping patterns are still not on schedule (although I am starting to come to terms with the fact that I have some sort of chronic insomnia haha) but besides that I am having the best time here!!




From Brussels with love ♥

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ali! I was thinking about you Monday night and wondering how your first day was....so glad to see
    You are doing well and settling in. The pictures you are
    Posting look amazing and I absolutely LOVE reading This blog! Such a wonderful idea!

    We all love and miss you! Look forward to reading more soon!
    Big hugs!
    Jackie and family

    ReplyDelete